We had MLK day off, so we added a day of PTO to give ourselves a 4 day weekend. Due to the long travel time, (10 hours each way) we ended up with 3 days to explore. On this trip we visited some iconic locations like Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, and the National Gallery. But the highlights were tours of Stonehenge and a nearly 1,700 year old Roman bath house.
Trip time: 4 days: 1 PTO day + 1 vacation day (MLK) + 2 weekend days – 10 hours each direction.
Major attractions visited:
- Buckingham Palace
- Westminster Abbey
- Big Ben & Parliament Square
- Household Cavalry – Changing of the Queen’s life guard
- Trafalgar Square
- National Gallery, London with Leonardo da Vinci, Raphael, Michelangelo special exhibit
- The British Museum – home of the Rosetta Stone.
- London Tower
- Tower Bridge
- London Bridge (It’s just a bridge, and not currently falling down)
- All Hallows Church (The oldest church in London, est. 675)
- Hampton Court Palace, home of King Henry VIII
- Roman Baths at Bath
|Cost per person:||Total $815|
|Local Transport (Train, Subway):||$76|
|Bus Tour (Stonehenge, Hampton ct palace, Bath)||$140|
|Room (Airbnb Private room)||$70|
|Food||$0-$50 per meal|
|Parking at home airport||$42 total (LAX lot c)|